Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Eddie Reisch 2023

Edward Peter Reisch



At a Reisch Reunion that I went to in Poland in Kluczbork in 2016 one of my other cousins told me they believed that there were more of dads brothers that were in the group? I am not sure who though and I would like to know.




and the bus shed Kilbirnie on the corner of Onepu Road and Rongotia Road Kilbirnie. I worked with Dad there for a year or so in the 1970s.

These are the places I remember. As a child I used to go with mum to  Karitane Hospital, Calvary Hospital, Ascot picture Theatre.

Karitane Hospital (Truby King set up this maternity hospital, mum was a cleaner there). I used to go with mum to her work here.


Calvary Hospitalmum was a cleaner there). I used to go with mum to her work here. The Nuns used to feed me eskimo pie ice creams Yummy.

Ascot picture Theatre 179 Riddiford Street Newtownmum was a cleaner there). I used to go with mum to her work here and I would find the lollies like Jaffas that had been rolled or fell down the isles and eat them yummy.

Wellington City Council. Mum worked here as a tea lady and then got in as a Clerk.

I was only 3 when we got to New Zealand so mum and I were constant companions for awhile. As I got a bit older mum had me located at the child care centre run by Catholic nuns on the driveway to the old Saint Patricks  College school by the Basin Reserve in Wellington

  • The Catholic precinct around Buckle and Tory streets, as seen from the Basin Reserve, in the 1930s. The Home of Compassion Crèche is the only remaining building.


Where we are 2021 

Edward Peter Reisch (Eddie) Born June the 30th 1954 in maternity home Farsley , Yorkshire.
married to Christine Reisch (zd. Parkinson) on the 15th May 1976.
We have two children:
Daniel John Reisch:
Daniel was married to Sandra Malone in Ireland on the ??? 2010 and are presently living in Edinburgh Scotland. They have three children:
  • Makenzie Amber Reisch (11)
  • Jack Edward Philip Reisch (7)
  • Ruby Amelia Reisch (5)
Hayley Patricia Reisch has a partner Alex Doutch and they live in Melbourne Australia. They have two children and were in engaged in 2021:
Twin girls:
Ashley Christine and Evelyn Alexandra Doutch (3)



No comments:

Post a Comment